Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pop and Bobbi's visit & Jake starts KINDERGARTEN!

We got to have a great visit with Andrew's parents the past couple weeks. Like last year, they drove out here from Alabama then Ken flew to Japan to visit Sarah, so Judy stayed with us while he was gone. Jake got to spend a lot of time with Judy ("Bobbi"). They made a few trips to the library, read lots of books, did puzzles, and had some learning time to get him ready for school. We had a lot of really great meals while she was here and now that she's gone, the boys expect me to cook:) Judy watched Jake one night while Andrew and I went to a wedding (this has been a year full of weddings for us!) This time it was our friends Dustin and Jill. The wedding was beautiful and we had a really great time. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera in at the reception, but this was before we left the house.........
When Ken got back they stayed a few more days so we could hang out all together. They took Jake to Alley Cats to play for an afternoon and we got to introduce them to our favorite place to eat..... PF Changs. They also got to go with us to meet Jake's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Renfro.

AND..........Yesterday Jake started Kindergarten!!! He has been talking excitedly about it for weeks now and finally the big day came. He woke me up at 6 AM asking if we could "hurry up and go already." While we were having breakfast and getting ready, he kept saying , "Come on... I dont want to be the last one there!" He was VERY excited that he FINALLY got to wear his new Sketcher shoes (that he just HAD TO HAVE, and he calls them "Skaatchers") and he got to use his new Hulk backpack. When we got there, I walked him into his class and talked with his teacher (who we love, by the way! She's really sweet and friendly...we anticipate a great year). He has his own locker in the classroom and he sits at a little round table with three other kids. His spot was waiting for him with his name tag on it, and he sat down right away. I felt weird just leaving him there, but he was fine. I was painting and working on some things around the house during the day and there were a few times I wanted to just drive down there and peek in. I was trying to picture him eating lunch and lining up for recess and raising his hand to ask a question. I can only imagine HOW MANY questions he had for the teacher (he averages about a million a day around here:). When I picked him up, he had a big smile on his face. He said he had a great day and he really likes his teacher. As usual, though, he refused to give any further information. For someone who talks so much, you would think he'd love to talk about his day and what he did and what they talked about. But it turns out, he just likes ASKING the questions, he doesn't like having to answer any. His second day was just as good, but I had to wake HIM up this time.... and it took a while. Guess all those questions really wore him out..........

Jake's latest..........

When asking his daddy if he could play outside, he said, "Can I, Can I?? Yes or no, friend or foe.... which one are ya?"

He was suppose to be napping, but after just a few mintues he came in the living room. Andrew said "Jake, you're suppose to be asleep." He replied, "I used ALLLLL my powers, and..... Nothing."

No comments: