Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend in Austin

I celebrated my birthday this past weekend and we went down to Austin to spend it with Mom, Dad, Clayton, Sugar and some friends. I actually got to start celebrating a little early. Wednesday night was my last night to work that week..... when I arrived on the unit, I was surprised with a big, BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers with a balloon on the front desk. The flowers were SO pretty!! and I was pleasantly surprised to see my name on the card. The inside of the card was too funny not to share..................................



We got to Austin Friday evening and met up that night with my friend Lauren and her husband Matt. It was the first time since they got married last year that all four of us have been able to hang out together. Mexican food is my favorite and Lauren loves it too, so we ate at Guero's near downtown. It was a neat area with shops and stores, so we walked around and then went to Lauren and Matt's apartment. It was so good to hang out with them... the guys talked sports and Lauren and I got to catch up a lot, and we got to see pictures of the progress on their new house. Saturday Mom and I went shopping for most of the day while Andrew, Clayton and Dad watched football and played with Jake. Then Dad cooked hotdogs on the grill and we went to the pool for a while. I wish I had pictures of Jacob at the pool....... he was like a little fish!! At the beginning of the summer, we could barely get him in the pool at all, but he was jumping in and holding his breath and swimming from one person to the next (with some help:) He had a blast and didn't want to go back to the house. Here's some pics.............................


We HAD to get a pic in front of this salon............. :)
We walked to this little place to get some cupcakes...... Watching a movie with my honey....
Jake's latest:

When I picked him up from school Friday he had a hole in his shirt. I said, "Oh, no... what happened to you shirt??" He said, "Don't worry..... my teacher said you can fix it with noodles and bread." I stood there for a minute trying to figure out what he was talking about. I guess he saw my confusion and he said it again.... "Mrs. Renfro said you could fix it easy with some noodles and bread." Finally I got it, and said "OOOHH!! You mean a NEEDLE and THREAD??" He said, "Yeah, thats it."
(His new Hulk PJ's inspired this pose:)

1 comment:

Kevin and Laura said...

Good thing we had our birthday dinner early b/c i'm a little late on wishing you a happy 26th!!! Glad you got to see Lauren...I'm going to steal those jeans from you after I have this baby:)