Saturday, August 9, 2008

FOR SALE BY OWNER

Well, things have been a little crazy around our house. As most of you know, we are trying to get the house ready to sell, and thats been a big task. My grandpa was so awesome a couple weeks ago.He and my grandma came to stay with us and he was our handy-man, fixing all the things around the house that we don't have a clue about. Like, you know, the hole in the laundry room wall that Timber chewed through when he was a puppy, and all that kind of stuff. So all those things are taken care of but theres still SO MUCH left to do. I am almost finished painting my Pottery Barn armoire thats been in the garage for months now, so as soon as thats moved into our room, I'm gonna work on knocking out all the other little jobs that await me. The frustrating part about all this is - we're working hard to get all this stuff done to the house, knowing that if it does sell (and we're praying HARD it will), we're almost guaranteed to be out $$$ because of the market in our area. But we've got our hearts set on getting out of here, so we're gonna see what happens. I've had a lot of people lately ask me about where we're gonna move when we sell our house, so I wanted to just fill everyone in on our plans.

Andrew and I are both tired of the DFW area and all the traffic and the lack of outdoor activities. The nice thing about our jobs is - he works at home and can do it from anywhere with a computer and phone and I can be a nurse anywhere and have tons of options. So I have decided to try travel-nursing for a while. There are travel agencies that will help you get a contract (usually about 3 months) to work at a hospital pretty much anywhere in the country (depending on the hospitals needs at that time). Our original plan was for me to work at one of the hospitals up in the mountains near Breckenridge, but we recently found out that they don't have any NICU's up there. So now we are looking at our options at other areas near mountains, because its very important that we are near a ski lift.
Jake is super-excited about moving somewhere new for a while, by the way. He has already informed us that he will be a snow-boarder NOT a skier:) We know that Timber would LOVE a change in climate. That poor dog is only supposed to shed twice a year, but because of the heat around here our house is one huge fur-ball. So we are praying that the house sells and doors open for us to travel for a while. We'll keep everyone updated.

No comments: