Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I've been tagged.....
















I joined 'The Secrets in the Sauce' which is a little blogging society. I've already met some cool chicks and am having a good time with it. I met another Misty, who is married and has an adorable little boy (sounds familiar, doesn't it?) She tagged me, so here it goes.......

1. I LOVE Ultimate Fighting (UFC). My husband is an avid UFC fan and a couple of years ago I watched the UFC reality series where 16 men fought to win a contract with the UFC. Now, I'm hooked! I have gotten to know a lot of the fighters and I look forward to some of the fights. The funniest thing is that my favorite fighter to watch has been Tito Ortiz, who is this cocky, kinda obnoxious guy who everyone is surprised to hear I like. He's very entertaining though, and a good fighter. He recently fought his 'last' fight (and, I'm sad to say... lost). I'm gonna miss you, Tito.

2. I HATE wearing shoes! I think I get this from my mom. I only wear shoes when I absolutely have to, and I always take them off AS SOON as I get in the house. My shoe of choice is always the trusty flip-flop. I just feel so free in them, I guess.

3. I get REALLY excited about using power tools!! I know I get this from my dad, who can build and/or fix anything. I've gotten a big kick out of fixing up the house recently (in between being stressed about it, of course) because I've been able to use the drill, a sander and a staple gun. I realize a staple gun isn't exactly a tool, but OOO SO FUN! I really want to learn how to build furniture or something like that, where I can use tools and have a great 'finished product.' I wanna get my hands on a saw, a big one!

4. I'm addicted..... to Starbucks. I know, its an expensive habit! If I had a dollar for every time I have ordered a Grande Nonfat Caramel Macchiato, I'd be a rich woman. I've actually cut down A LOT in the past few months because Drew and Jake got me an espresso maker for Mothers Day. I love that thing! I have been whipping up all kinds of drinks. They're delicious and, oh so cheap;) Barista's everywhere should be jealous!

5.I like to use the !!!!! and the ........ A LOT. Just read on, and you'll see.......... (see?)

6.I am a writer, not a speaker. I have always been told that I am a good speaker and very articulate. But I am not very good at expressing my feelings or making a point by talking out loud. I am much better at expressing thoughts, feelings and opinions in writing. It also doesn't help that I do not like to talk about my feelings anyway. Lets just keep it all in, people... where it belongs;) My husband has learned this the hard way.... I have written him emails and notes before that made him realize what I had been trying to say for weeks. I'm working on this though.

7. I love to run. I ran the 100 meter, 200 meter and sprint relay in high school. My dream back then was to run in the 2004 or 2008 Olympics and, as I'm sure you're aware... I wasn't in Beijing. So that dream has officially died. So I was kinda sad as I watched track and field back in August. But I still love to run, now I'm getting into longer distances. I ran a 5K in May and I am planning to run a 5K or 10K in a couple months. My ultimate goal is to do a half relay next year and the New York Marathon in 2009 or 2010. So thats that.... And now, I tag:

Laura from: http://thestaplesfamilyblog.blogspot.com/

Tanya from: http://bradshawfamily08.blogspot.com/

Danielle from: http://lafamigliaevita.blogspot.com/

Jane from: http://haleofastory.blogspot.com/

Judy from: http://feathersinmynest.blogspot.com/

Lyndi from: http://everyoneknowsitslyndi.blogspot.com/

Nicole from: http://madsennicole.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'll get on this later today!

Fun, interesting facts!

Misty said...

Cute list - we love UFC & MMA too. We have a group of friends that takes turns at having the fights. We haven't missed one in a LONG time (even when on vacation). :)